Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Grandma's Birthday

After Grandpa died we had to move Grandma into Parkway Center (an assisted living facility) because she could not take care of herself.  She went very easily but it was still hard to take her out of the home she had lived in for many years.  When we were preparing for grandpa's funeral grandma was very confused and dazed through most of it.  She asked several times "Where is Jiggs?"  or "Whose funeral are we going to?" We had to tell her several times that he was in heaven.  One time when she asked we told her he was in heaven and she said "why didn't he take me, he takes me everywhere?" Well my sweet little grandma, it didn't take long for him to come get you.  This was the last time I got to hug my grandma.  This was her 86th birthday.  She died in September.

No comments: