Thursday, April 7, 2016

Christmas 2015



Peanut loves laying under the tree.

We went to uptown normal to see Santa.  My mom told me that there was a gingerbread house with Santa and people serving cocoa and popcorn.  And it didn't cost anything!  So I thought "Wow!  Great I don't have to spend 25 dollars at the mall for a so-so Santa picture".  Plus it was a nice enough day to be outside.  Well little did I know that this nice little free event was put on by the NAACP!   So when we got into the gingerbread house I was a little surprised and nervous about how my kids would react.  And they didn't react.  They just hopped right up there and told Santa what they wanted for Christmas. I was very proud of them. I of course got a good chuckle about the whole thing but couldn't do much about that either being that we were with our good friends who are bi-racial.  They were probably very happy about Black Santa!!  So I had to keep it in until I got home and called my mom!!!  Thanks Mom for recommending the uptown normal Gingerbread house with Santa......I will remember this forever!  And I am truly glad we experienced this!  Goes to show you through a child's eyes color does not matter.



Now that is one great looking sweater!!  We had our annual Christmas with Craig's extending family and Glenn comes looking like this.  After I laughed a lot I had to get a picture of us!  It was my profile picture for a while.  Then later during the season we took turns wearing the sweater.  And then a few months later Glenn found one on sale at Menards for $9 so now I have one of my own!


I found this castle for the kids.  I gave it to them a few days before Christmas to keep them busy.  They had a ball with it.  We finally threw it out in February.

Not the best picture but we tried.  It is hard keeping all 3 boys in line.  Sweet little Lauren just stands and smiles like she is suppose to.  We had a great time together all 9 of us on Christmas Eve!
Getting ready for Santa to  come.  Both kids wrote him notes this year.

The note says this is for your reindeer.


Wow Santa was good to us! Sleds, giant stuffed animals.  Lauren got her Calico Critter Ship she really wanted and Luke got a fishing pole.




Christmas day laziness at our house.
A visit to Dad at the nursing home.
Stille Christmas.  Lots of gifts, lots of love, and lots of fun!


Way to much Christmas for Peanut!  This was probably one of our best Christmas's all around!  We all have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: