Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our family is complete

We get to hold him just about whenever we want but he does need to stay in his isolate a lot so he doesn't burn too many calories maintaining his body temperature. And we don't get to hold him when he needs to be under the billi lights.




He is so tiny but he is a good little cuddler.






Daddy has been trying to get the hospital to have some Lukie time as much as he can but he is in charge of Lauren so he hasn't had as much Lukie time as he would like.





This is Lauren meeting Lukie for the first time. She couldn't go into the nursery so she just had to look at him through the window. There was another baby in there next to him and she said she wanted that one instead of Lukie. Lauren has been into the hospital quite a few times but I don't know if she really understands that we have a new baby in our family because she can only see him from a distance. The first day she came to see me she was very interested in my bag of pee. So now everyday she comes in she asks where my pee is. I tell her that I get to use the potty now. She has made good friends with the nurses. Especially my nurse Amanda. She wouldn't leave the other day without telling her good bye. When Amanda asked her if she was mommy's nurse she said "No I'm the Doctor!!". When we stand outside the window of the nursery and look at Luke she tries to ask each nurse that goes by if they could let us in there. She says "Hey can you let us in there please". She will be a great big sister. We can't wait to get him home so we can be a family.



We joke around that our two preemie babies don't even add up to the size of a full term baby. I may not be able to take my babies home with me right away and my babies might be hooked up to all kinds of cords but I still feel very lucky that both my babies were healthy and strong especially for as early as they were. They are my sweet little miracle babies. Soon Luke will be home and our family will be complete. We are so blessed!!







3 comments:

LOMO Family said...

What a beautiful family! You look great!

Katie said...

Awww! Loved catching up on your posts and hearing your birth story. Luke is ADORABLE! Cone head and all. Poor little guy! I see similarities to Lauren in his little face. LOVE that Lauren asked to keep the baby next to him, her fascination with the pee bag, and how she asks to go in and see him. I remember Holden would cry and cry every time they took "his baby" away. :) So happy for you guys and can't wait until you're all home together.

Steph said...

Awww! I loved catching up too! That is hysterical about the pee bag. I don't think his cone head was all that bad! =) I sooooooo can't wait to meet him! Hope you are feeling better!