Sunday, February 13, 2011

The hospital stay

The cone head is going down but it's still there. Luke reminds me a lot of Lauren. He is very squirmy and gets angry very easily because he doesn't like all the cords. He kept taking his mask off when he was under the lights. He has ripped his IV out. He gives the nurses a hard time. We have had very good care. It has been hard for me being here because when we brought Lauren home she was so much smaller and earlier so I am just ready for him to be home and they are much more cautious about sending him home. He has gained all his weight back and he is doing awesome with his feedings. The nursing staff is great. They have been so kind and caring.



The day he was under these lights was not a good day for Lukie. He was not happy about this mask and he fused most of the day. He moves his legs and arms so much that it makes all his machines beep a lot.



The hardest part about being in the hospital is that I don't get to hold him as much as I would like and all the cords and such make it very hard to handle him when I do get to hold him. It is very difficult to change his diaper because of the cords and it doesn't help that he moves so much. He is doing everything he is suppose to be doing....gaining weight, maintaining his temp, and eating his bottles. He should be home by the end of the week.







1 comment:

Steph said...

Good to hear! He has to be pretty strong-willed to be such a healthy little guy! Maybe I can come see you after school today. I'll call ya. :)