Sunday, December 26, 2010

naughty or nice???

Lauren in time out at a restraunt. 3 has definitetly proven to be a more challenging age for Lauren. She can be sweet and cute one minute then turn on you the next. Right now the biggest challenge is still of course pooping her pants but she is getting a little sassy. She talks back a little. I have to tell her a lot not to talk to me that way. She picks and chooses when she wants to listen and follow directions. I have to count to 3 a lot. Sometimes she will point her finger at me and say in a loud voice "Stop counting mommy, I told you not to count". Time outs really don't work. The only thing that works for her is spanking but I don't like doing that. She is sometimes a challenge to put to bed too. My newest idea for trying to get her poopy trained is that I told her that I was not cleaning her up any more. If she was going to poop her pants she was going to have to clean in up herself. She understood and the next time she pooped she actually pooped in the potty. I thought oh good maybe we are going in the right direction. Well then the next day it was christmas eve. We were at my mom's I told her if she did it at my mom's she would have to clean it up. I was prepared to deal with this and prepped everyone. She didn't poop all day. That night we went to my sister's in-laws for dinner. She took my sister's mother-in-law upstairs when we were all downstairs and did it in her pants and tried to get Linda to clean her up. Well we were at someone elses house so we had to clean her up. So the next day she did it in her pants at home so this time I made her clean it up. It was a bad as you are imagining....except worse. She decided that it was really gross and she was going to go in the potty next time. Well today we were upstairs picking up and she went down to the kitchen, took her panties off and pooped on the kitchen floor in the corner.....maybe this is progress. She knew that doing it in her underwear was a really gross mess so she would just do it on the floor. I made her clean it up....which didn't seem to bother her too much. So the rest of my break is going to be spent not leaving the house and probably being up the my elbows in Shit!!



No comments: