Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Lukie

Luke is approaching 3 and he has been a delightfully cute and funny little 2 year old.  He has a love-hate relationship with Peanut.  And Peanut has a love-hate relationship with Luke.  In this picture Luke loves Peanut...Peanut does not love Luke so much.  But at dinner time Peanut loves Luke!  And at bedtime Luke doesn't like Peanut so much.  He yells at him to "GET OUT".  He doesn't like Peanut to come in his room.  They both love to chase each other and play.  Peanut likes to bark at nothing so we are trying to break him of this and Luke is helping us.  We have a can filled with pennies and it is suppose to get him to stop when we shake it.  So when Peanut barks Luke yells "GET the CAN".  Luke likes to say things very loudly and repeats what ever he is saying over and over until he gets the answer he wants or until we tell him to stop.
Luke likes dinosaurs.  He runs after us with it saying rrrrr at the top of his lungs.  Or instead of running he just shoves the dinosaur in our face and says rrrrrrr.  It's really cute!  He has spiky hair here.  He loves when I do his hair like this.  He has so much energy and is so full of life.  It's sometimes exhausting which is why I took the next picture.
He loves to sleep with his Ni-Ni (blanket) and his moose pillow.  Which is now really flat because he sleeps on top of it every night.  He is going through a phase where he goes to sleep pretty well but will get up during the night.  It is making me crazy.
The boy still loves to eat but has become a little more picky.  Every time I asks him what he wants to eat or what he ate he says pizza. In this picture he is showing me a piece of chocolate.  He loves candy and anything sweet.  At dinner he usually looks at what I have fixed and says "I no ike dat".  I make him try it because he usually does like it (spegheti, ham, chicken, rice) and he takes a bite and smiles and says "me ike it".

Before Luke turned three he was no where near potty training.  He had yet to even pee on the potty.  On Christmas day we let him go without a diaper and we told him if he used the potty he would get a piece of candy.  He went right to his little potty sat down and came running to say he pooped.  I went to look and sure enough he did.  It was the size of my picky nail but by golly it was a poop so he got his candy.  He proceeded to poop two more times in the potty but peed twice on the floor.

Lauren and Luke are still sweet with each other about 60% of the time.  The other 40% of the time they bicker.  Luke likes to tattle now.  He comes to me and says "woren mean".  I say what did she do that was mean.  He say" I ont know".  He is starting to push the limits more.  It is getting really hard to discipline him because when he does something he shouldn't he knows he shouldn't and gives you this big cheesy grin.  I have had to send him to his room a lot for not listening.  He goes in without complaint and comes out a minute later saying "I orry Mommy, I orry :( "

No comments: