Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Pictures

December is always my favorite time of year.  I usually have my tree up before thanksgiving because I love having it up as long as possible.  I love looking at Christmas light and listening to
Christmas music.  My kids are at a great age to help and enjoy all the fun with me.  Which is nice since I am married to scrooge!!  We have an Advent calendar that has little doors and each day has a message in it.  I did an alphabet theme this year.  C is for candy cane (then I got them each a special candy cane), W is for wedding (we had a fake wedding pretending to be Mary and Joseph) M is for movie (they got a new movie)  B is for bible (I read a bible verse and they lite a candle around the Advent wreath)  O is for ornament (they got a new ornament to hang on the tree)  L is for light (we went to watch the light show)  And that is just a few.  We went to see Santa.  Lauren was really excited and talked to him.  Luke was excited from a far.  He did ok on his lap but you could tell he wasn't so sure about this fat guy.  I took Lauren to the dollar store to pick out gifts for the family.  It was really cute and thoughtful.  You could tell she really knows the people she loves.  A few examples:  She got poppy fake flowers because "Poppy loves flowers soooo much".  She got Nick a play tiger (which totally looks like something Nick would love).  When is was time to pick something for Uncle Mike I say "Lauren what should we get for Uncle Mike?"  she thinks long and hard and says, "He likes knifes!"  Yes he does.  We went to the knife aisle and got him a pairing knife.  She got Aunt Amy something from the clearance shelf....which means it was 1/2 off (50 cents!!).  Merry Christmas!!!
e





No comments: