Thursday, September 20, 2012

My sweeties

Luke is my little monkey.  Doesn't he look full of it.....he is!   Things I love about Luke:  his smile along with his big gap in his teeth, his hair ( he has great hair), the way he giggles (especially if he's doing something naughty), the way he grabs on to my leg and says mama when he's excited to see me, first thing in the morning when he wraps his arms around my neck.  What is Luke up to:  he is very verbal (we understand him most of the time but he's not really saying words just sounds and syllables that represent words).  His favorite words mama dada Lauren nana, grandma, turtle shoe poppy and poopy sometimes they sound the same, he runs really fast, climbs on everything, he's a great sleeper (he has a special blanket and has me cover him up and kiss him goodnight),  he's still a good eater but is a little more picky, he loves to be outside.

Lauren is doing great at school.  She is so grown up and has a mind of her own.  She knows what she wants and has an opinion about everything.  She loves to pretend play ("mom let's pretend you are a my friend and I am a mom too, let's pretend that I'm a kitty and you have to pet me, let's pretend I am going to hide and you have to find me and then I scare you and you scream, let's pretend Luke is my husband and you are the baby and I am the mommy."  She loves to pretend she is on the phone too.  The other day she was using a calculator as a phone and talking.  I said "who are you talking to?"  She says, "Your Mom....You know...Nana".  She is very independent.  She gets herself dressed every morning.  She takes care of Luke.  She puts away her laundry and helps me empty the dishwasher.  She picks up her toys.  All in all she does a great job of following directions....when she wants to.  She is still a little sassy.  She sasses daddy a little more than she does me.  She is getting better about writing her letters.  She knows them all and their sounds.  She can write her name.  She knows her address.  She is growing up too fast.  She seems very mature for her age (4 going on 14!!) 

She was all dressed up for Western day at school.

My  blue eyed boy!


No comments: