Friday, January 28, 2011

The joys of pregnacy

I try really hard not to complain too much about being pregnant because I feel so blessed to have been able to get pregnant so easily. Carrying the baby I'm not so good at but we have one perfect little baby and were almost there with little Lukie. Being pregnant is very hard for me. I feel about every unpleasant symptom there is to have with pregnancy (nausea, vomiting, excessive tiredness, frequent urination, bloody noses, sore breasts, headaches, mood swings, numbness of the fingers, forgetfulness/dumbness, leg cramps, stretch marks, constipation, diarea, shortness of breath, back pain, cramping, and most of all just being uncomfortable). With this pregnancy I am tired and uncomfortable all the time. The worse part of this pregnancy has been the constant bladder infections I have been getting. This past week I was hospitalized with contractions because of another infection. He is so low and it is very uncomfortable and at times painful. I am at home now on bed rest. Bed rest is horrible. You would think laying around wouldn't be that bad but it is. You get bed sores, awful headaches, and your muscles get so weak you can barely move. Not to mention being bored out of your mind....there is only so much you can do from a horizontal position. But thankfully the medication I am on is doing it's job. He's still in there safe and sound. He is moving like a crazy man too. Someone in this body may as well be moving since I can't. There is not a lot I like about being pregnant beside the miracle that it will bring.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh Kim...you poor thing!!!!!!! I couldn't help but think of "Rosanna...Rosanna-dana" when reading your list of symptoms...Do you remember that skit from SNL? I am sure you can youtube it. But in all seriousness, it stinks you are in so much pain! Hope we can come over to keep you company soon. =)

Katie said...

Oh, Kim...so sorry you are so miserable. :( You look really cute if that's any concellation. I don't do well with just sitting around, either. Enjoy it for a day or two and then I'm going crazy. Luke will be so worth it though! Enjoyed reading all of your updates. Love Lauren's Bears outfit! Holden keeps asking when the snow will melt so he can swim with Lauren. I told him it will be awhile!!!

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

You can do it, Kim, you can do it. BTW, Loved the blog with Lauren in her Cinderella costume.