Sunday, June 20, 2010

zoo trip

This was a trip from hell....excuse my language but there really isn't any other way to describe it. Every year for my nephews birthday I take them on a "date". Well I decided to take Nick to the peoria zoo to see the giraffe's....he was sooooo excited so just because it was raining didn't mean we couldn't go. Well I wanted to take Lauren too so I took my mom with me for reinforcement......thank goodness. I couldn't have done it without her. So the start of the trip was in the car.....2 children 19months apart sitting way to close to each other for 45 minutes in the car....need I say more. Nick was way to loud and Lauren was way to winey....by the time we got there my mom and I were ready to shoot ourselves. We get there and it is spitting rain so we think...ok it's just a little rain we can do this.....well not so much it poured the whole time. We just kept saying we need to find these damn giraffe and get the hell out of here.



This is us saying....thank goodness the giraffe....take some pictures and lets head for the door








This is us outside the zoo before we went in.





Notice Lauren screaming.....yep you guessed it....Lauren is scared of the lion.


Now by the time we are leaving my mom and I have decided this was not a very fun day we didn't even see the whole zoo....but the kids of course didn't know that and they had a ball.....Nick is still talking about his great trip to the zoo.


So my mom and I get into the car to go home we had just bought some stuffed animals and puzzles for the kids so we say if you touch each other or say anything to each other on the way home you loose your animals. So we had a pretty good drive home.....and a good laugh about the whole day



2 comments:

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Great blog, sister and a very accurate reflection of your day from HELL but you're right, Nick is still talking about that zoo and that dang giraffe.

Unknown said...

Amy taught me how to post comments!