Monday, June 21, 2010

Lauren Grace 2 1/2

I like to do updates every once in a while....all the things she's doing and saying at 2 1/2. Lauren pretty much talks all the time and says just about everything. She is really into Dora right now but still likes Strawberry Shortcake and Curious George. Her favorite thing to play with is Polly Pockets but she still likes to occasionally feed her baby a bottle and use her kitchen. She is a pretty good eater....favorite foods are pizza, chicken nuggets and corn dogs. She likes to be outside. Her favorite thing to do outside is look at and smell the "plowers" (flowers). My favorite things she says right now are "you have to lay down with me a little bit" this is at bedtime of course. She is not very good at bedtime but the rest of the day makes up for it because she is so delightful. "I sleep good" she says this when she wakes up even if it is 4:00 am. " I want to wear my plip flops" (flip flops). She does a pretty good job at wearing the flip flops. "Mommy be quiet Im on the pone (phone)". She gets that from me (haha). The thing she probably says the most is "I do it"...she will not let us do anything for her....she has to do it. And if I help her she has to start over and do it herself. The potty training is not going great. She has got the peepee down but not the poop. She comes up to me and says "mommy I have to poop"...which means she already did. So I take her to the bathroom to clean her up and she says "it's ok" I say "no it's not...stop pooping your pants". I say "you are stinky" she say "NO mommy YOUR stinking". Then when its my turn to go to the bathroom she has to have a play by play. The other day she asked me if I had diarea.....which I didn't. We had bible school last week and she had a great time. Every morning she would say "We going to bible school?" I would say yes then she would say "Im going to play with my prends (friends). I say yes and you will learn about Jesus...She says "Jesus loves me" I say yes he does. She has also been very demanding lately. Yesterday she told me to "get out of the way so I can see the people". In the car the other day she said "mommy I want banana bread" I said we don't have any. Aunt Mindy makes her really good banana bread and we ate it all. Well she wasn't going to stop she starting getting louder and louder demanding banana bread. I finally ignored her and she stopped. But when we got home I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she says banana bread....here we go again...she doesn't forget anything. Thank goodness Mindy came to the rescue...we now have banana bread. Mindy likes to take her out for ice cream a lot too. She came home the other night and was so excited..."I have ice cream I have so much pun (fun)". She still loves cuddling and kisses which mommy loves too. I just love this age she is so personable and independent...I am loving every minute of being her mom...well maybe not to poop training but everything else.










1 comment:

Katie said...

This post made me laugh out loud! I love the play by play questions and I can just hear her cute little voice demanding banana bread! We also are in the phase with Holden wanting to do EVERYTHING himself. Today I made the mistake of opening the van door and buckling him in his carseat. (How dare I?) This was in the Walmart parking lot with a screaming,hungry baby. I had to take him out, close the door, and let him do it himself because he was fit to be tied and these days I pick my battles. I guess I should appreciate his tenacity?!