Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lauren's First Swim Lesson

Lauren just turned 2 in December so I wasn't sure about what to do for swim lessons. I knew I didn't want a parent tot class because she is so good in the water and just wants to swim around and not be held, but there are very few places that will take a 2 year old in a lesson. Happy Splashes does and the rate was very reasonable. So here she is on her first day of swim lessons with coach Rob. I was so afraid that she wouldn't go with him or she would want me or she wouldn't listen, or she'd throw a fit......all those things that 2 year old are capable of doing....AND SHE DIDN'T.



I have never been so proud....I mean I am always proud of my child but it just makes my heart smile that she is so good in the water and she loves it so much. She was listening. She was moving her arms, kicking, blowing bubbles, and holding on to the wall. It was so cool watching her be so independent.


The only problem was when it was time to get out. She said "no I want to swim". I said "The lesson is over we will come back in a couple days". She says "no, I get in".....as she tries to get back in. I say "no time to go" She cries and I get her to the locker room as fast as I can. When I got her to the locker room to get dressed. She said "I want to do that again...I like it"








1 comment:

Katie said...

Holden took lessons at Happy Splashes all last summer. We loved it!!! He only switched to 4 Seasons because we have a membership and lessons are free with it so we couldn't turn that down. Isn't Rob good with the little ones? glad she's enjoying it! She is such a cute "water baby!"