Thursday, August 13, 2009

My classroom renovation




For those of you who don't know my school, Fariview Elementary school, was renovated this summer. Most of our staff was extremely excited to get a new classroom but there is a lot of work that goes along with it. I had 45 boxes packed and in a trailor by the day all of my students walked out of my room the last day of school
The first 3 pictures are of my almost empty room before the renovation.
And now a brand new beautiful classroom. Complete with new furniture, computers, desks, and smart boards!! It took 2 days, 2 helpers, and a lot of sweat and tears.... but I think I am ready to teach 1st grade.
























3 comments:

Katie said...

It looks GREAT, Kim! I am so impressed you did it all in two days. I have clocked over 15 hours going in the evenings and still have so much more to do!! Now that you are ready, I bet it is so nice to have that new classroom.

the cunningham family said...

Looks great! I am also impressed you got it all done in 2 days, it always takes me forever! So glad you have a new room...I am jealous of the smart board. I wish I had one, they say we will get them someday...we'll see! Nice work! :) Happy start of the school year to you!

LOMO Family said...

Looks awesome Kim! I'm so happy you got a remodeled classroom!